2023 presidency PDP, APC expiring soon, Nigerians will pepper them – Labour Party vows. The Labour Party has claimed that Mr. Peter Obi, its flagbearer, will succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023, claiming that Nigerians will throw out the two main political parties.
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, will be replaced by the party through the upcoming elections, according to the Director General of Obi’s Campaign Organization, Dr. Doyin Okupe, who was speaking as the party’s Presidential Campaign Council list was unveiled on Wednesday.
As previously reported by DAILY POST, the Labour Party revealed a list of its Presidential Campaign Council on Wednesday, almost 14 days after the campaign’s formal launch.
The Labour Party has the biggest council list with 1,234 members, followed by the APC with 422 members and the PDP with 520. Okupe was grateful to Nigerians for supporting the LP candidate in the presidential election, in his opinion.
He emphasized that the two main political parties in the nation will soon die and that no other presidential candidate could compare to Peter Obi in terms of ability and capacity.
Fundamentally shocked by the choice of the Muslim-Muslim ticket, he declared. We are attempting to exclude religion from politics rather than promoting it.
“Younger Nigerians make up 50% of newly registered voters.”
Okupe commented that “because they are old schools, they don’t comprehend” in response to the implication that the followers of the former Anambra Governor only exist on social media. He said that the party already “had 15 million votes; we are going to demonstrate them. PDP and APC are about to expire. They’ll get peppered by Nigerians. More new voters than old voters have registered, and 80% of the new voters are African Americans.
Okupe stated that “it is no longer business as usual” in reference to the potential for some political parties to rig the 2023 presidential election.
Isaac Balami, Peter Obi’s national campaign manager, said the party is presently putting in place mechanisms to guarantee that Obi supporters enjoy their fundamental human rights by 2023 in an exclusive interview with DAILY POST soon after the press conference.
“We obtained the 2, 3, 4, and 5 million march around the country for nothing; we didn’t employ anyone with money,” he said.
“We are now reaching out to the general public; we are educating individuals in local governments as well as polling places to ensure that votes are counted and secured until they are posted.
The young people are with us, we’re working with the ladies, we have mature seniors, and we’re going to make sure that all of their votes count.