Happy morning! The summary from Nigerian Newspapers for today is as follows:
1. Nigerian politicians have been criticized by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for viewing political campaigns as war. It claimed that politics in the nation resembles a persistent crisis. Festus Okoye, National Commissioner and Chairman of the INEC’s Information and Voter Education Committee, made this statement on Monday in Abuja.
2. The Peoples Democratic Party crisis has been discussed once more by Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike (PDP). In the Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of the State, on Monday, Wike claimed that no one could threaten him because he would always do what is right, regardless of the “gang up” or extortion.
3. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has received an official announcement from Senator Ibrahim Shekarau, a former governor of Kano State, that he is leaving the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) (PDP). This occurs just three months after Shekarau left the All Progressives Congress for the NNPP.
4. The Federal Government’s lawsuit to extradite suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Abba Kyari to the US for trial in an alleged online scam was dismissed by an Abuja-based Federal High Court. The verdict was given on Monday by Justice Inyang Ekwo, the trial judge.
5. A complete and indefinite strike has been called by the Academic Staff Union of Universities. The National Executive Council of the union met on and made the decision.
6. Despite allegedly being committed to his cause, Bola Tinubu’s supporters yesterday expressed displeasure over the presence of former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo at the meeting in London between Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and his allies and Mr. Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP.
7. Yesterday, the Court of Appeal in Abuja reinstated Sheriff Oborevwori, the Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, as the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) candidate for governor of the State.
8. A pregnant woman who goes by the name Chinaza has gotten in touch with medical staff at the National Hospital in the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja in an effort to find a buyer for her unborn child. According to reports, the 23-year-old woman moved out of her parents’ home in Imo State to live with a friend in Abuja when she became pregnant. She is presently employed by the FCT police force.
9. On Sunday night, a car accident in Kano State’s Takai Local Government Area (LGA) resulted in three fatalities and 15 injuries. The accident included a Toyota Hilux carrying three persons from Jigawa State and a commercial Hummer bus carrying 15 people from Kano, according to Saminu Yusuf Abdullahi, spokesman for the Kano State Fire Service.
10. Amaka, a season 7 contestant on Big Brother Naija, was kicked off the reality competition. This comes after Biggie said on Monday night that at least one housemate will be eliminated by adding a twist to the eviction procedure.